The Laclede Group Foundation
The Foundation represents the Company’s recognition of its civic responsibility to those in its service area. Charitable organizations promote the enrichment and sustenance of the community. Because the Foundation cannot contribute to every organization that requests funding, it has developed the following guidelines for its contributions.
An organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization to receive funding. Further, no contribution will be made to an organization if the contribution may impair the independence of a member of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- United Way - Provide assistance for the general needs and services in our communities through our support of United Way.
- Community enrichment - Support the educational, diversity and inclusion efforts, and cultural institutions of the communities we serve.
- Sustainabilty - Support the protection and preservation of the community's environmental and natural resources.
Please note that the Foundation does not fund:
- Individuals, family support or family reunions
- Political, labor, fraternal or religious organizations or civic clubs
- Individual K-8 schools or school-affiliated clubs or events (public or private)
- Sports, athletic events or athletic programs
- Travel related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Endowment or memorial campaigns
In addition, because of our substantial contribution to the United Way, we will not separately support United Way agencies.
Contributions are limited to those organizations in our utility service area.
Applications should be limited to one request per fiscal year (October 1-September 30) and those receiving capital support should not seek operating support at the same time.
We have adopted the Missouri Common Grant Application forms. Those seeking operating support should complete the short form and provide the attachments required for the form. Those seeking capital support should complete the long form and provide the attachments required for the form. Grant applications should be submitted online using the link below. The Foundation’s Board meets quarterly.
Click here to apply for funds.